Wednesday, April 29, 2009



In case anyone wonders, this flu bug going around is a real bugger to get over. It hit me on a Saturday night, vomiting all night... and then the other thing... and I followed up with the usual "good care" of clear liquids, jello, chicken soup --- but it took *forever* to get over this thing. Ten days, and I am still fighting to get my energy back. The lethargy is horrible. Thank goodness my hubby kept up with all of my critters and my seedlings; nothing has been lost --- yet!


I am forcing myself to "get active", and while today was one of those dull (cool, sunless) Spring days, I stopped at the garden center at Lowe's and picked up a flat of cheerful looking marigolds and managed to stick them in the ground along the walk in front of my house. I am so sick of the "dead look" of winter, and was glad for the "instant Spring". Supper was already bubbling away in the crock pot (beef stew), so it was a nice, satisfying feeling to collapse onto the couch with a "big job" done and a hot supper waiting.

Here are some photos of my labors, along with a few shots of other signs of spring already appearing in my front yard:












Muscari "grape hyacinth"

No comments:

Post a Comment